About Me

My photo
To anyone reading... I am a Sport Management major at Ohio Northern University. As you can see from my interests, Sports are my passion. These will probably be the majority of my topics. I'm Greek if you couldn't tell by the flag.

Friday, January 20, 2017

RUSSELL WESTBROOK NOT AN ALL-STAR STARTER!!!

      So, yesterday the All-Star starting lineups were released to the public. The Eastern Conference All-Stars are consisted of four first time All-Star starters, Giannis Antetokounmpo, DeMar DeRozan, Kyrie Irving, and Jimmy Butler along side of veteran LeBron James. In my opinion, this is a phenomenal starting lineup, every player is deserving of their starting spot. Especially the young 22 year old Greek International Star Giannis Antetokounmpo, who can do it all at the short height of 6'11. Also DeMar DeRozan is also deserving of a starting spot, because in all honesty, does he ever miss a mid-ranged shot?
      On the other hand, the Western Conference All-Stars' starting lineup has one problem. Russell Westbrook, a player who is on track to average a triple double for a whole season, is not in the staring lineup. In case you didn't know, this has only been done one other time, by the legend himself Oscar Robertson. This is just appalling to me. I know this is a fan voted lineup, but how can the NBA allow for Russell to not be a starter. He has worked so hard to average a triple double and is deserving of being in the starting lineup. In all honesty, this is disrespectful, and shows that the NBA is just trying to please the fans and not give the players what they deserve. Russell Westbrook has more triple doubles then all the other All-Star starters combined, yet when the game begins, he will be sitting on the bench.

Until Next Time,

The Third


1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you. Russell Westbrook's 21 triple doubles alone should earn him a spot on the starting lineup. Given that I am Greek, I cannot wait to see how stellar Giannis performs in the game and how he plays the rest of the season. I do think that the fans erred in not voting for Brian David Scalabrine because he is arguably one of the greatest players this sport has ever seen. Nevertheless, I have much faith that Scalabrine will earn a spot in the game next year.

    ReplyDelete