About Me

My photo
To anyone reading... I am a Sport Management major at Ohio Northern University. As you can see from my interests, Sports are my passion. These will probably be the majority of my topics. I'm Greek if you couldn't tell by the flag.

Saturday, January 28, 2017

What is Causing the Cavaliers Struggle?

     June 19th, 2016, a day that I will never forget. On this day, the grey cloud that hung over Cleveland sports was lifted. As the final seconds ticked off the clock, I was looking at the score. I kept on saying to myself, " Oh my God, we are up by four. We won." When the buzzer sounded, an overwhelming feeling of happiness came over me and tears began to fall down from my eyes.
     Well, now that it is a new season, it is time for my Cavaliers to defend their title and hopefully bring another one home to Cleveland. But over the past couple of weeks, my hopes are dwindling. In the past 10 games, the Cavaliers have only won four games. Now how can a champion loose that many games and still expect to be the favorite to repeat? An even better question to ask is, what is causing this slump? In my opinion, loosing J.R. Smith hurt the Cavaliers more then they thought. Smith is in the hunt to be one of the all time greats in three point shooting and isolation basketball. When the Cavaliers loose a player who can't be guarded, that option gets taken away. By not having that option, Cleveland becomes less of a diverse team and becomes and easier team to defend.
    However, with the recent acquisition of Kyle Korver, another prolific scorer the Cavaliers now have another option. Maybe these past couple of losses have been because of the team struggling to play with each other after having to adjust to Korver's style of play. Now the only thing that is on my mind is how good the Cavaliers are going to be when Smith returns and both he and Korver will be on the court of the same time. Add in the playmaking ability of Kyrie Irving, the leadership of Lebron James, the diverse Kevin Love, and the hustle of Tristian Thompson, the Cavaliers have a good chance to show everyone that they are the champs.

Until Next Time,

The Third

No comments:

Post a Comment