About Me

My photo
To anyone reading... I am a Sport Management major at Ohio Northern University. As you can see from my interests, Sports are my passion. These will probably be the majority of my topics. I'm Greek if you couldn't tell by the flag.

Monday, January 30, 2017

How to Comment

     Throughout your time on Social Media, commenting has been a normal, routine obstacle that you have encountered. However, did you know that this is also a way to market yourself or your profile? It doesn't seem like it is, but the more you think about it, the more it makes sense. I felt this way after reading the chapter in The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users, but now I completely agree with what is said. Here are some tips that will make you able to market yourself by simply commenting.

1. Use "Mentions" Instead of "Hashtags" on Twitter
       The difference between these is that hashtags are used for sharing topics, While Mentions will allow for the person or company you are responding to to see it. I completely agree with this. At the end of the day, putting the account in a mention makes you stand out. They see that you have responded to them. However, If you where to hashtag them, They would have to go out of their way and look through all the hashtags to find your response.

2. Stay Positive, It is a Lot Better to Be on the High Road
     While dealing with responses, some will be good, and some will be bad. Dealing with the good is easy, dealing with the bad might be a challenge. I can assure you this, your reputation will be judged on how you respond to a bad comment. In my opinion, if you cannot say anything nice, do not say anything at all. Thanks mom.

3. When All Else Fails, Don't be afraid to Block and Delete
     This is a great thing to remember. It is not your duty to have to respond or deal with negativity or spam comments. If you do not want them on your page. Simply delete them.

I hope this helps, until next time

The Third

No comments:

Post a Comment