About Me

My photo
To anyone reading... I am a Sport Management major at Ohio Northern University. As you can see from my interests, Sports are my passion. These will probably be the majority of my topics. I'm Greek if you couldn't tell by the flag.

Monday, January 23, 2017

Reaction to Mr. Kawasaki


      Guy Kawasaki's book The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users, is a guide to make you a better user on social media. However, the tips Kawasaki uses are more for being a professional using social media. Basically what I am saying is, do not read this book if you are under the age of 21. In my opinion he is basically telling you what to do if you want an average profile. Yet what if being average is not what I want. He says that your profile's avatar is a picture or a logo, yet later on in the book he says the avatar needs to be just your face, and that it should not be a logo. Well, thats contradictory. If our avatar is a logo, then why can't we have a logo as our avatar. For example, My Instagram avatar is a Greek flag. Well according to Mr. Kawasaki, no one will know that that Greek flag is Christos Nakos. But, let's be honest here. I am Greek, full Greek, and I let everyone know I am Greek (yes, I am proud to be Greek). So me having a Greek flag as my profile makes perfect sense to me. Because there is only one Christos Nakos on this earth that would put Greek flag as his profile picture.
    The other thing that makes no sense to me is that he says that your picture should be just of you, and not with any family or friends. But isn't the purpose of social media to have your own personal profile. Now if I want everyone to know that I am a family man, it would make sense to have a picture of me and some of my family members. Or, what if you and your friends went on a spring break trip. A picture of you and your friends having a good time is what you want to be your profile picture. Then what is the big deal in having that as a profile picture. You are in the picture.
    These are just one of the many things that I did not understand while reading the book.

Until next time,

The Third

No comments:

Post a Comment