About Me

My photo
To anyone reading... I am a Sport Management major at Ohio Northern University. As you can see from my interests, Sports are my passion. These will probably be the majority of my topics. I'm Greek if you couldn't tell by the flag.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Peg and Guy's Tips to Avoid Looking Clueless

    After being on social media for about six years now, I have figured out that not everything is worth posting. I realized that when I do post, sometimes I do not sound like the sharpest pencil in the box. I learned this by looking through my old posts on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. I wish I would have read this chapter, How to Avoid Looking Clueless, before I ever began to post on Social Media.
Here are some of the tips you should know.

1). Don't Be an Orifice
    Basically, If you do not have anything nice to say, do not say anything at all. One incidence I can remember is that I got into a heated argument on a post about a certain college basketball team in Indiana. Everyone saw it and honestly I was embarrassed. I should have just kept scrolling, now I know.

2). Don't Buy Followers
    Thank God I never did this. All I know is that it just makes you look desperate. Plus they cannot interact with your content, so what is the point of having them.

3). Don't Ask People to Follow You
    If you can't get followers, then that sounds like a personal problem. Instead of asking for people to follow you, why don't you try to make your posts more meaningful and begin to post posts of quality.

I hope this helps in making your profile better.

Until Next Time,

The Third

1 comment:

  1. I cringe at some of my old Facebook and Twitter posts. It is so hard to go back and delete them unlike Instagram. I have the memories set up on Facebook to show what I posted on this day. I also go back and delete those posts that I do not want to show up anymore. I think this helps my profiles; plus I have learned from previous mistakes of what not to post. I've also never asked people to follow me personally. I have started to ask people to follow my organization's social media platforms, but that is rarely online mostly after meetings.

    ReplyDelete