About Me

My photo
To anyone reading... I am a Sport Management major at Ohio Northern University. As you can see from my interests, Sports are my passion. These will probably be the majority of my topics. I'm Greek if you couldn't tell by the flag.

Monday, February 6, 2017

SportsCenter on Instagram

       SportsCenter is in my opinion the best sports show on television. So it would make sense for me to see how they run their Instagram to see how they connect with their fans. From what I have seen, their account is generated to keep their fans updated on every major sporting event around the world. When I say every sport, I mean every sport. They have posts covering the recent Super Bowl, the past weeks games of college and NBA basketball, last weeks Australian Open, etc. These posts can either be highlights, info-graphics, and player quotes about their performance in the game or on a recent sport issue. For example, In Paul Pierce's last game playing in Boston, Pierce hit a three pointer in vintage form with time running out, giving all of the Boston fans a glimpse into the past. SportsCenter posted this clip and shared it with anyone who did not get to see this emotional last visit in a legends' career. 
       SportsCenter also posts info-graphics, or and image or a diagram showing a statistic. When LeBron James scored his 28,000 point, SportsCenter posted an image of James showing 28,000 points, with the caption, "LeBron James becomes the youngest player to ever reach 28,000 points." This is a great way to spread the word of a great accomplishment achieved by an athlete. The last way SportsCenter spreads news is by quoting athletes. SportsCenter will post images of the quoted athlete, along with their said Quote. An example of this is when Conor McGregor said, " I got my eyes on one thing, and that's Floyd Mayweather". These quotes are able to allow all of their followers to see the opinions of athletes about some controversial topics in sport. This quote is from McGregor giving his opinion on what he has in mind about fighting Mayweather in the boxing ring. 
     If you want to get all of the recent updates in the wide world of sports, please follow SportsCenter on Instagram. If you do not have Instagram, then give them a follow on any of the other platforms.

Until Next Time,

The Third

No comments:

Post a Comment