About Me

My photo
To anyone reading... I am a Sport Management major at Ohio Northern University. As you can see from my interests, Sports are my passion. These will probably be the majority of my topics. I'm Greek if you couldn't tell by the flag.

Thursday, March 9, 2017

LinkedIn, A Summary

   When I first came to Ohio Northern, I heard all of my professors talking about LinkedIn. LinkedIn, what is that? I did not even know what that was, not one teacher from my high school never mentioned this website at all. So for all those out there that do not know what LinkedIn is, here is a little summary about this great business website courtesy of The Social Media Marketing Workbook.
    LinkedIn is basically a 24/7 networking event. That being said, here is how the website works.

- Everyone Has Their Own Profile.
  These profiles are basically the online resume for oneself. You are allowed to "connect" with many different people as well as different companies. Your profile can basically show anyone you connect with, who you are and what you have accomplished as a business professional. You can also see what ever they post and you can communicate with them via LinkedIn messaging. Their profile will also have posts and news feed capabilities.

- Groups Are A Thing
 Unlike Facebook's groups, LinkedIn groups are available to join by topic. The SMMW gives examples like Petroleum Engineering and Word Press Web Design. These groups are separately available mainly to people and not business pages.

- Companies Can Have LinkedIn Pages
 Just like Facebook, Companies are available to create pages on LinkedIn. They can post on their own personal news feeds and posts. These companies can also follow other companies. This allows them to converse with other companies. Any posts made by the companies can show up on the news feeds of their followers.

Hope this gives you a basic knowledge of LinkedIn, they honestly help with making you look like a professional.

Until next time,

The Third

No comments:

Post a Comment