About Me

My photo
To anyone reading... I am a Sport Management major at Ohio Northern University. As you can see from my interests, Sports are my passion. These will probably be the majority of my topics. I'm Greek if you couldn't tell by the flag.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

The Unique Twitter-sphere

  The 2016 Social Media Marketing Workbook states that Twitter is the most open of all the social media sites. To me this did not sound right, because if we are talking about being open then I thought that Youtube would be the most open since they are all videos. But as I continued to read through the book it made more sense. Here are the two reasons that made me switch my opinion.
   1). The first way that Twitter is the most open is that anyone can set up a Twitter account. I recently made my fourth Twitter account, and it only took me a minute flat. Within two minutes I could begin tweeting. Anyone can do this, even my 60 year old mom. This basically allows anyone to talk on Twitter. Good thing we can choose not to listen.
   2). Twitter is really noisy. All over Twitter, people are posting different kinds of information. These can be news related posts, memes, short video clips, etc. this is what makes twitter so open. Facebook deals with friends and family and having fun with your followers. Instagram deals with pictures. Twitter is its own thing, kind of like a campfire conversation between friends with three TVs in the background. One TV plays the news, one TV plays ESPN, and one TV plays Comedy Central.

With this in mind, next time your on Twitter, realize you are on the most open social media site.

Until Next Time,

The Third

No comments:

Post a Comment